Thursday, February 12, 2009

Looking forward

I've only a few months left and I'll be finished with school. I'm looking at some of my options and thinking about what it is that I want to do. I'm hoping to keep my current job as part time and get a part time job at the hospital. Last night I dreamed that I decided to move forward with the Bachelor's program. Applications are due April 1st-I may toss mine in and see what happens. I didn't know that choosing this major would become something so fulfilling for me. I think the good definitely out weighs the bad and I am happy with my decision. I saw on the news this week that there was some thought that college students having pets may help make the transition and be beneficial to them. When I saw this cat they showed during this part, I thought, Wow, I think I'd like a cat. I would need to find a good place to rent that allows indoor pets and has plenty of space outside for him to play. I would also need to find someone reliable who can take care of him for me when I go to visit family-We'll see. Classes are running right along and I've started my preceptorship. My preceptor is hilarious. I was told that this clinical really helps wrap everything together. I've had just one day at it and it already seems quite helpful. I overcooked a batch of cookies and left them on the table, feeling a little disappointed that that happened. Surprisingly, I think there were only a few left this morning-I'm glad my roommates enjoyed them. Valentine's Day seems to have a renewed meaning for me this year. I went shopping and got some valentines for my roommates and family. I had fun making them. My mom used to get me and my siblings a valentine every year. It was really special for me. I've found that this occasion is a great opportunity for me to show my love to those around me. -Shell

1 comment:

Alex said...

The only problem with pets is that they want to charge you more for rent. We can have pets here at my apt in Logan but it would be $10 more per month and a $100 extra pet deposit. Lynn Poulson says that dogs are the best supposedly and that all people, especially married couples should have one.