Saturday, January 10, 2009

Back to School

I sure had a great vacation. It was nice to not have to work and to just spend time with my family. Being with family reminded me how much I like being around people. I've spent much of the last few years like a hermit with my books. School is important to concentrate on and it's easy to get too caught up in it, and not work on the social aspect of my life. However, this is a new beginning and a new year. I'm hoping to hear back from the hospital. They called to schedule an orientation for me so I can start volunteering. Being single has its downs especially on Sundays. If all goes according as planned I'll spend my Sunday mornings there. I start orienting for my job next week. I'm orienting twice and then the week after that I'll have a different orientation and start my job that week. This week I had my last office training stuff. Thursday night I was thinking about the responsibility that is about to be place on my shoulders with this job and I got so nervous it was making me sick. I think one of the hardest things in life is learning to have stress there and not let it get to you. I have talked to someone who had worked in this job position before and she said it's pretty layed back. I have confidence that I'll catch on and I'll get the hang of things. I'm back to school and starting off with class ony on Mondays. Next month I've got my preceptorship. Only four months until the semester is over-I think it will go by fast.

No comments: