Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This winter vacation

I am finished with the semester! Well... finished since the 11th. Finals seemed more difficult this semester than the last three of the program have been. It's a relief to have them over. I'm home for the holidays with part of my family-the boys are on missions and Kris is home in Salt Lake. We'll get to hear from these boys for Christmas and Kris and Dave and KC are going to come and visit. It's been so nice to relax and enjoy the season. I made big Christmas sugar cookies on Monday which turned out cute. I have 2 1/2 weeks left for a break! I am okay with not having my vacation planned out too! Just before Thanksgiving I applied to a job I REALLY wanted. With this job I would get to work with kids-something I think I would enjoy. Also, from what I knew this was a good company. Someone in my ward had worked at this same job I was applying for and said it was a great place to start and told me about the job responsibilities. I had the interview and I wasn't sure if it went well or not. The man who interviewed me never said if he would get back to me. I felt glad to have done the interview. This morning he called me back and asked if I was still interested in the position. I said I was very interested. I got a job offer-I'll be starting my training in January. I don't know how I qualified above the other applicants. I don't have any previous nursing experience which would make me stand out, and I might not have interviewed quite as well as someone else would. However I do want this job. I feel like God has blessed me to get this position. I feel very grateful!

No comments: