Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Horizons

School is wrapping up quickly for me. I have only two clinicals left and then my last clinical experience will be next semester. That lasts one month. During that time I'll be working with the nurse I shadow full time. So far, I have yet to discover which unit I'll be placed on. I'm assuming they'll put me on a medical floor. At times, I get tired of being the student-there is still a lot I have to learn. Although I know I'll appreciate the skills I was taught while a student. I've got my heart set on working at primary childrens after graduation; I really want to do the New grad nurse residency program there. I also recently applied for a volunteer position there and haven't yet heard back from them. I've contacted another nursery and they may have openings in May. I am feeling okay about concentrating on school right now, and am keeping my eye open for employment opportunity.

No comments: