Thursday, October 23, 2008

Elder Wirthlin's advice about laughing

I enjoyed Elder Wirthlin's talk when he told the story of his daughter who was waiting for her date to come. A man showed up at the door and he seemed a little old, but she went along with it. They were in the car for sometime when the daughter came back in the house embarassed to know that the man who came was the married father of some children her sister was going to babysit. In this talk Elder Wirthlin said to learn to laugh about things.
About two weeks ago I called a man I went on a date with this spring. One of my teachers knew him and gave him my phone number-I think she thought we'd make a good pair. I had recently seen him at the Biolab and I probably talked so much that he didn't get to say much edgewise. I later sent him a text message asking him if he'd like to do something during the weekend. Surprizingly, he called me back later that day and started talking to me. Then at the end of our conversation, he said, "There's just this little thing, I'm engaged." My thoughts of dating him came to an abrupt halt. I told my roommate about the experience and she replied, "At least he wasn't married." I agree! As the nurse I was shadowing today said to the woman on the stretcher, "Life is an adventure." Although I'd say it's a good one!

2 comments:

Dave Sohm said...

dating is weird. there was a period where i had prospects with three different girls simultaneously, then in three weeks it all vanished. the trick is to keep looking. The nice thing about dating is if you need to take a break, its ok

Dave Sohm said...

Hey- update your blog, would ya?- love Kris