Friday, October 30, 2009

October

Whew! I did it! I submitted my online missionary recommendation! What a relief. I have had access to the papers for just over one month. I had a good portion of them filled out the night I got them and the day after. Then, I had to wait a month to get in to my eye doctor. On Monday I had my eye appointment and I said I wanted to try contacts. They sent me home with a pair. I've only had them less than I week and it is great. I think I'll stick with them. My sight has improved so much. Over the time between my glasses not being usable and now I think I didn't know what I was missing. Yay for contacts. Yay for good eye doctors. I got my physical on Wednesday. My doctor said I'm pretty healthy. On my papers I told them about my nursing experience and that I am interested in serving a part medical mission. It will be exciting to get my assignment and find out what they give me. Today I opened a fortune cookie that read, "You will step on the soil of many countries." I'm not superstitious like that and I don't belive in fortune telling. It was funny that I got that fortune two days after I submitted my mission papers though! So, my papers are in. I have two interviews to go and then I'll really be doing the anxious waiting and wondering. I have wanted to go on a mission for so long and I have waited at least 2 years. What's another 2 months or so? As for my kitty, Dad and Alyse have agreed to keep her while I'm gone.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Yay for you! You may not care about this now but I found something cool... you can look into it when you're back from your mission: http://www.highyieldcheckingdeals.com/ There are some high interest checking accounts around but they require a number of transactions per month but yeah they are better than a CD... I know you wanted to know about CD's before.

Mishi said...

Cool! Thanks!